Tuesday, December 18, 2018

It is EXHAUSTING being Nice All the Time.

I noticed is he is EXHAUSTED after giving so much love and affection to so many people Henry Clay will come into my office and lay on the floor and simply completely zonk out.  I thought "he's not doing much, why so tired?"  Then it occurred to me, constant restraint of one's behavior and giving people affection and attention and allowing them to enter your space and engage with you is EXHAUSTING.  We don't really think about it but when a person is interacting constantly with beings who need attention and require unending filtering of one's words and actions it really is demanding.  I remember reading that a teacher makes more split second decisions in 5 minutes than a surgeon makes in a day. It is simply, voraciously exhausting.  It's hard work to be nice all the time- I knew this to be true, and I fail FREQUENTLY.  But Henry Clay, when he is with the kids is doing a fantastic job of showing them love. Even if there are 27 in a line in the hall waiting for a little pat. He is already doing his job and he is doing it well.  If only being so loved wasn't such hard work!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Test- There were two tests, and one for me too.

Someone said, "you should write a book."  I feel like a book would require more pages, I just can't get myself to sit down and...