Saturday, January 12, 2019

You're Worth It

 I found this quote and I loved it.  When someone finds a purpose and dedicates time to it and sees a remarkable result it is worth it.  Henry Clay has been a time suck for sure.  I have had to say goodbye to time in the mornings, a few pairs of slacks and at least two pairs of really good shoes. Any sense of routine or normalcy to my day has been turned topsy turvy from the time I get up to to the time I go to bed. There is no such thing as quiet time at home since Gipper (the older Cocker-spaniel mix) barks incessantly from the minute Henry Clay and I get home till bedtime. I must confess I have asked if it is worth it.

So what I am noticing is that there are many many humans at BMS who have gained positive energy by being around HC.  There has been an increase in empathy among the 'cool' kids and among the kids who are struggling to even define the word empathy.  He puts a smile on the school resource officers face and even has calmed an angry parent or two merely by his presence.  The hallways are cleaner because kids know Henry Clay will eat whatever is on the floor and they are jumping to pick it up.  I had a little one ask me if Henry Clay was okay, he'd heard he was eating a broken pencil in the library.  I assured him HC was okay and thanked him for his concern and reminded the students to keep "our house" clean and free of debris.  The sense of OUR HOUSE has really grown since 'we' now have a pet.  I simply had no idea the difference this would make.  I have been told that I owe a few free "I told you sos" to Karen.  She was the advocate for the pup, she knew he would be an influencer.  He is making a difference in human lives and all the time is worth it, so Karen go ahead and say it, yes you did indeed tell me so.  Thanks for advocating for a time tested way to support empathy in kids. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Test- There were two tests, and one for me too.

Someone said, "you should write a book."  I feel like a book would require more pages, I just can't get myself to sit down and...